1997-12-06 - Re: Censorware Summit 2.0, from The Netly News

Header Data

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
To: Jim Burnes <jim.burnes@ssds.com>
Message Hash: 36d46e584984c5f8730a63a38b2c1399e3e55dac8c246a6852a76672bc263c26
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.971203144811.6039A-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.95.971202152128.507B-100000@is-chief>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-06 16:45:40 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 00:45:40 +0800

Raw message

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 00:45:40 +0800
To: Jim Burnes <jim.burnes@ssds.com>
Subject: Re: Censorware Summit 2.0, from The Netly News

> Anyone care to submit major censoring categories for each
> church? ;-)  Maybe the best way for cypherpunks to attack
> this is to come up with free generic filtering software that
> any well recognized group can develop filtering lists for.
> Wait -- a name is coming to me -- GNUSitter?

How about a variant on this idea: a cypherpunks web filter that filters
out all content which has any of the following:

Superstitious religious claptrap
Moralising on porn etc.
Anti free speech rhetoric
All government departments
All Anti-drug "war on some vegetables" rubbish
etc.
etc.
etc.

And specifically filters in as a random start page for the browser any of
the following:

Pornography
Free speech advocacy
Hate speech
Violent, filthy, disgusting, explicit pages showing images of death and
torture.
Any pages graphically depicting the stories and parts of the bible the
religious types like to forget about.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org