1997-12-08 - Re: mail2news gateway (fwd)

Header Data

From: Andy Dustman <andy@neptune.chem.uga.edu>
To: Alex de Joode <usura@sabotage.org>
Message Hash: 3712d051f8ad395248d31e0942d68229d73065ef83b7e94d7a52632b4ba8f4e0
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.94.971208173824.6085Z-100000@neptune.chem.uga.edu>
Reply To: <199712082217.XAA03959@basement.replay.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-08 22:59:59 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 06:59:59 +0800

Raw message

From: Andy Dustman <andy@neptune.chem.uga.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 06:59:59 +0800
To: Alex de Joode <usura@sabotage.org>
Subject: Re: mail2news gateway (fwd)

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Alex de Joode wrote:

> Anyone has more info
> ------
>
> For the past several weeks, a right wing extremist group in Topeka,
> Kansas has been tampering with mail2news gateways, including yours, to
> prevent several people who oppose their hate agenda from posting to the
> usenet through your gateway.
>
> The affected gateways include at least alt.revisionism, alt.christnet,
> alt.politics.homosexuality and alt.abortion. Posts are returned "user
> unknown" suggesting that the mailbox may have been deleted.
>
> This is a group of *fanatics* (Westboro Baptist Church) whose website
> godhatesfags.com may be known to you. They also operate several other
> websites under aliases the best-known of which is
> revwhite.bestsites.net. They advocate murdering abortion clinic workers,
> homosexuals and blacks.

The nuts are real enough, but I think this must be a troll, or from
someone really confused.

Andy Dustman / Computational Center for Molecular Structure and Design
For a great anti-spam procmail recipe, send me mail with subject "spam".
Append "+spamsucks" to my username to ensure delivery.  KeyID=0xC72F3F1D
Encryption is too important to leave to the government. -- Bruce Schneier
http://www.athens.net/~dustman mailto:andy@neptune.chem.uga.edu   <}+++<

Thread