1997-12-13 - Re: Another of Gary Burnore’s Lies Exposed

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: m2n@alpha.jpunix.com
Message Hash: 48847f4ce3a5a41e88edca94b851a101cba3d37d7169d91ad5fbf87f2a68752a
Message ID: <199712131433.PAA12675@basement.replay.com>
Reply To: <34907059.1254176@nntp.best.ix.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-13 14:42:39 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 22:42:39 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 22:42:39 +0800
To: m2n@alpha.jpunix.com
Subject: Re: Another of Gary Burnore's Lies Exposed

rashidk@mailexcite.com (Rashid Kaman) wrote:

> >The whole "spam bait" issue is obviously a smoke screen, since the alleged
> >spam-bait came AFTER the demand for Jeff's logs.
>
> The spambaits, at a rate of a dozen a day in early and mid-April, came
> BEFORE Jeff Burshell,  presented with their existence, offered in late
> April, to turn over his machine logs.

I'm not sure how you're involved in this scenario, nor what your source of
information is.  I was quoting from a public post by Jeff Burchell, the operator
of the remailer in question, and he specifically stated that the so-called "spam
baits" began AFTER Gary Burnore had demanded that Jeff turn over his remailer
logs to DataBasix, and BEFORE Belinda Bryan sent him the letter claiming to be
with DataBasix' "legal department" and formalizing that demand.

Read it for yourself:

-> I still don't know what the hell is going on with DataBasix, Wells Fargo
-> and Gary Burnore, but I suspect that someone used huge.cajones to say
-> something extremely unflattering about Burnore (from what I can tell,
-> he had it coming).  Burnore then decided that he would make things
-> difficult for me.  First, he wanted the user who had posted something
-> "inflammatory" about him revealed.  When I told him that I couldn't
-> do that, he carried on about mail logs and identifying the host that
-> a message came from (the usual).  I didn't explain to him that my
-> machine keeps logs, but not anything involving a *@cajones.com
-> address.  He then requested the logs, which I denied (and told him
-> to get his lawyer to send a request...)

Here comes the key part:

-> Between the time he first contacted me, and the time I received the
-> letter from Belinda Bryan, is when the baiting of databasix addresses
-> began (slowly, with just a few posts).

It appears that his account differs from yours.

Thread