1997-12-09 - Re: [RePol] ABCnews/Nightline on Cyber Terror 8-Dec-97

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 580adaafa2e8b25470b3391a19189ec4dc95064a1abe22322be6a8b1d16067ad
Message ID: <199712091958.UAA05503@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 04:09:04 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 04:09:04 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: [RePol] ABCnews/Nightline on Cyber Terror 8-Dec-97

X Four wrote:

> Last night, ABC news once again stroked the fires of fear and raised the
> boogieman of "Hackers" destroying the goverment, banks, power plants, ad
> nauseum.  Of course, the main guest was from the US Govt's new trumpeter
> of CyberTerrorizm, "the President's Commission on Critical Infrastructure

> Protection".  A full transcript is available.
>
> Revolution in a Box -- Cyber Terror -- AIR DATE: Monday, Dec. 8, 1997
> http://www.abcnews.com/onair/nightline/html_files/transcripts/ntl1208.html
>
> Jamie Gorelick: Well, there are a number of things we can do. I mean, the
> effort that has been started already is one to build a partnership
> between the government and the private sector to work together

  Is it not funny how this theme of the "government and the private
sector" working together is becoming a worldwide theme, just as the
theme of "cooperation between governments" is also becoming a universal
theme?
  Can you say, "Fascism?" Sure you can...
  Can you say, "New World Order?" Sure you can...
  Can you say, "Bend me over and stick a crowbar up my ass?"...

Thread