1997-12-24 - Re: Best Cypherpunk long gun

Header Data

From: “Brian B. Riley” <brianbr@together.net>
To: “Igor Chudov” <ichudov@Algebra.COM>
Message Hash: 59d06db866960d472558ed1f0116b4585865ede30de11db2796266c1c794159f
Message ID: <199712240421.XAA08371@mx02.together.net>
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 12:31:35 +0800

Raw message

From: "Brian B. Riley" <brianbr@together.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 12:31:35 +0800
To: "Igor Chudov" <ichudov@Algebra.COM>
Subject: Re: Best Cypherpunk long gun

On 12/23/97 11:07 PM, Igor Chudov @ home (ichudov@algebra.com)  passed
this wisdom:

>the problem is the wear of the barrel
>
>ignoramus

 no questio about wear, but I saw the barrel after it colled and it had a
warp to it. I said 1000 rounds straight and I meant it. They kept linking
onto the belts and I will bet he didn't let up on the trigger  a dozen
times through the ten belts .... my LRRP team had stumbled into a bit of
hornets nest and half the NVA in that end of the province were chasing
our asses by the time we hitthat LZ. the guy just kept firing til the
barrel glowed and it did warp slightly when it cooled, enough that he
didn't want to chance another round down the barrel. my guess is that it
had been abused more than a few times and the overall temper of the metal
had chnaged , but for sure there was probably very littel rifling left in
the barrel as well. I have seen M-60 barrels so worn that they appeared
to the naked eye as smoothbores.

Brian B. Riley --> http://members.macconnect.com/~brianbr
 For my PGP Keys  <mailto:brianbr@together.net?subject=Get%20PGP%20Key>

  "...error reading WinOS. (A)bort, (R)etry, (M)acintosh?"

Thread