1997-12-06 - Wit Capital Opens Online Brokerage with Free Trading Offer

Header Data

From: news@witcapital.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 69b72eb0236eb3528363de292748658d55bdf96eb55953de58ba6388d16fb018
Message ID: <199712060609.WAA22247@toad.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 14:21:25 +0800

Raw message

From: news@witcapital.com
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 14:21:25 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Wit Capital Opens Online Brokerage with Free Trading Offer

***************************************
Wit Capital Update
December 4, 1997
www.witcapital.com
***************************************

We're pleased to tell you that Wit Capital's online brokerage service is open and ready to accept your stock orders!

To celebrate the launch of this service, we're making an offer that's hard to beat: open an account by Christmas Day, 1997 and trade FREE* for the entire month of January, 1998.

Our regular fees are only $14.95 per trade for market orders and $19.95 per trade for limit orders. Listed trades over 5,000 shares are subject to a 1-cent per share charge for the entire order in lieu of the above fee.

Using the online brokerage is easy.  Just visit http://www.witcapital.com and click "Trade" from the menu bar at the top of the page.  Then just follow the prompts.

You can buy, sell or sell short NASDAQ, New York or American Stock Exchange stocks.  We accept market, limit, stop, stop limit and many other types of orders. You'll need to have enough funds, securities or margin buying power in your account to cover your transaction before we can accept your order.  Your cash awaiting investment will receive a competitive money market interest rate.

We will soon be adding options and mutual fund trading, as well as a touch-tone service you can use when you're away from your computer.

Remember, to trade FREE* for the entire month of January, you must open an account by December 25, 1997, so do it today!   Just visit http://www.witcapital.com and click "Open Account" from the menu bar on the left-hand side of the page.

*Maximum 25 free trades in January 1998.  Trades must be 250 shares or more to qualify.

Member NASD and SIPC

Thread