1997-12-01 - Re: More Government Sanctioned Theft

Header Data

From: “Igor Chudov @ home” <ichudov@www.video-collage.com>
To: cypherpunks@www.video-collage.com
Message Hash: 6ab38d076faed10eb3171a6d9742f41f9d4f368217b591d4593537edc7627c8f
Message ID: <slrn686a8g.j0.ichudov@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <65k64e$coq@snews3.zippo.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-01 21:25:10 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 05:25:10 +0800

Raw message

From: "Igor Chudov @ home" <ichudov@www.video-collage.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 05:25:10 +0800
To: cypherpunks@www.video-collage.com
Subject: Re: More Government Sanctioned Theft

[This message has also been posted.]
In ok.general, Jerry Morgan <jmorgan@galstar.com> wrote:
* easttom@redriverok.com (Chuck Easttom) wrote:
* >   2.  What the hell legit reason is there for a man to be driving around with
* >132 K in a truck??
* >
*
* The simple possession of any amount of money is not subject to "police
* approval", unless of course we are living in a police state.
*
* As I understand the "story" the police stopped the guy, searched the
* car, found the money, seized it and then let the guy go without
* charging him with anything.  A nice cool 132K profit for a few minutes
* work, just like an armed robbery.  It would appear that this "cops and
* robbers scenario" has the cops playing both roles.S

... ... ...

* tactics will have 132K for new police equipment.  Too bad they won't
* use it to buy copies of the U.S. Constitution for their officers to
* read, but after all they wouldn't want them getting any *wrong ideas*

That would be a "hate crime". According to a message in the cypherpunks
mailing list (which I unfortunately deleted, with references to more
details on some websites), there was a conference on "hate crimes"
recently. There, they discussed "profiles" and signs of "hate crimes",
and among signs there were discussions of the constitution and founding
fathers.

If someone has any more information on that, please let us know.
--
	- Igor.

char*p="char*p=%c%s%c;main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}";main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}

Thread