1997-12-25 - [SOCIOBIO] Happy PC Holidays

Header Data

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: aedce5cc81f88feb5d7408d511bbbdb47afcc961047c8ba423052ce1b4df5894
Message ID: <v04002720b0c786605eee@[139.167.130.248]>
Raw Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 11:59:55 +0800

Raw message

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 11:59:55 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: [SOCIOBIO] Happy PC Holidays

--- begin forwarded text

Date:         Wed, 24 Dec 1997 22:25:24 -0800
Sender: Discussing the Evolutionary Approach to Human Development
              <SOCIOBIO@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU>
From: Patricia Hausman <phausman@digizen.net>
To: SOCIOBIO@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU

Greetings all,

Found this on the Internet, and thought it might bring some comic relief
to our discussions of late.

A very happy holiday season to all of you,

My best,
PATRICIA HAUSMAN

>                  Political Correctness gone too far...
>
>                 The 12 Days of Christmas, Deconstructed
>
> On the 12th day of the Eurocentrically imposed midwinter festival, my
> potential-acquaintance-rape-survivor gave to me:
>
>    * TWELVE males reclaiming their inner warrior through ritual
>      drumming.
>
>    * ELEVEN pipers piping (plus the 18-member pit orchestra made up of
>      members in good standing of the Musicians Equity Union as called
>      for in their union contract even though they will not be asked to
>      play a note...)
>
>    * TEN melanin-deprived testosterone-poisoned scions of the
>      patriarchal ruling class system leaping,
>
>    * NINE persons engaged in rhythmic self-expression,
>
>    * EIGHT economically disadvantaged female persons stealing
>      milk-products from enslaved Bovine-Europeans,
>
>    * SEVEN endangered swans swimming on protected wetlands,
>
>    * SIX enslaved fowl-Europeans producing stolen nonhuman animal
>      products,
>
>    * FIVE golden symbols of culturally sanctioned enforced domestic
>      incarceration,
>
>      NOTE: after member of the Animal Liberation Front threatened to
>      throw red paint at my computer, the calling birds, French hens
>      and partridge have been reintroduced to their native habitat. To
>      avoid further animal-European enslavement, the remaining gift
>      package has been revised.
>
>    * FOUR hours of recorded whale songs,
>
>    * THREE deconstructionist poets,
>
>    * TWO Sierra Club calendars printed on recycled processed tree
>      carcasses
>
>    * And an Animal Rights activist chained to an old-growth pear tree.

>     [ Christmas: Index | Humour Index | Merton College Home Page ]
>       Merton College WWW Service, webmaster@merton.oxford.ac.uk

--- end forwarded text

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/
Ask me about FC98 in Anguilla!: <http://www.fc98.ai/>

Thread