1997-12-04 - Re: Superdistribution development/release

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
To: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
Message Hash: b90834d9aae727a27caf9f40ca2314eb9e8ff33de4cbd4ebb6dd16454f9900b4
Message ID: <v03007800b0abc492abcc@[168.161.105.216]>
Reply To: <v04002712b0aba8bd0101@[204.134.5.28]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-04 02:38:55 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 10:38:55 +0800

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 10:38:55 +0800
To: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
Subject: Re: Superdistribution development/release

Here an incentive: if anyone breaks this, I'll write an article about it
and another profiling the person who does.

When you have this kind of "encryption" scheme running on untrusted
hardware to which the user has access, it's doomed to fail. Even if it's
custom hardware, it'll probably be broken, but it'll just take longer.

-Declan

Thread