1997-12-23 - Re: Get your Anthrax shots

Header Data

From: “William H. Geiger III” <whgiii@invweb.net>
To: Secret Squirrel <anon@squirrel.owl.de>
Message Hash: bb1ae0ee30370e9326d2be80c6db43614bf1832501900e48e449d685ded150ff
Message ID: <199712230857.DAA13150@users.invweb.net>
Reply To: <adea223d151b9c9a967851b13a3db691@squirrel>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-23 08:58:59 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 16:58:59 +0800

Raw message

From: "William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@invweb.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 16:58:59 +0800
To: Secret Squirrel <anon@squirrel.owl.de>
Subject: Re: Get your Anthrax shots

In <adea223d151b9c9a967851b13a3db691@squirrel>, on 12/23/97
   at 08:01 AM, Secret Squirrel <anon@squirrel.owl.de> said:

>>Well I don't know about you Tim but my Doctors only know me as Mr. Cash.
>>:)

>How'd you pull that one off? All kinds of personal information, including
>your name, is included in medical records which the doctors have to keep
>up to date and reference. When you go in you'd have to give them your
>name.

>Now on the other hand I suppose you could go in, say you don't have
>insurance, give a fake name, and pay in cash always. It would still be
>trivial to ambush you at a scheduled doctor appointment. And I think
>Klintonkov has done a good job of discouraging privately funded medical
>care.

I make it a strict policy of paying cash for everything when possessable.
Outside of my pediatrition from my childhood no doctor has records on me
(at least none with my name attached to them). I don't deal with fake
names or any other attempts to deceive my doctors. I just simply tell the
that I am paying cash and I wish to keep all my records, end of
discussion. I have yet to have a doctor or dentists protest over this (BTW
I don't deal with the hired help in the doctors office but deal directly
with the person in charge). With the tax rates these professions pay cash
paying customers get red carpet treatment.

Now I have never had to be hospitalized. This is rather tricky but if it
is a non-emergency admission I would talk with directory of the hospital.
I think that you will find that displaying several thousand $$$ in cash
will go a long way in preserving one's anonymity. :)

The same thing back when I was renting. I always payed in cash and did not
have a real name associated with my address. When one produces 6mo rent up
front in cash very few questions are asked. Getting utilities turned on
under an alais is a trivial matter. Mail and packages can be drop shipped
to a local (or not so local) FedEx or UPS office.

Another thing is I do not have any ID with the state that I reside in.
Currently I am living in one state, my DL is in another state, and my
License plate is in a 3rd. There is also a trick for driving a car without
ever having it registered but I woun't go into that here. :) I actually
drove a small Nissan stationwagon for 8mo. in KCMO without any tags on it
at all. BTW *never* drive on stolen tags. You can always BS your way out
of expired tags, tags off another car (that you own), or even no tags at
all but you just can't BS your way out of stolen tags.

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://users.invweb.net/~whgiii

OS/2 PGP 2.6.3a at: http://users.invweb.net/~whgiii/pgpmr2.html

Thread