1997-12-30 - Re: thomas.html (fwd)

Header Data

From: David Miller <dm0@avana.net>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: d9832ce40b96543def272c0e4f36e61ab8ee6d72495f4936b34598168700cc5c
Message ID: <34A882B9.2782CA17@avana.net>
Reply To: <199712300247.UAA04526@einstein.ssz.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-30 04:19:29 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 12:19:29 +0800

Raw message

From: David Miller <dm0@avana.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 12:19:29 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: thomas.html (fwd)

Jim Choate wrote:

>     Court TV Library
>
>   Justice Thomas on 'Heroes and Victims'
>
>     Legal Times
>
>    Clarence Thomas may keep a lower profile than many of his colleagues
>    on the Supreme Court bench. But when he does speak out, he almost
>    always makes an impact.

As a sometimes member of our braindead society, let me thank you for
reminding
me of the long-term positive implications of the Anita Hill Trials on
the
future of our Country.  In regards to the "pubic hair in my coke"
travisty
that we all experienced, let me say this:

	Sometimes things have to get worse in order to get better.

Meaning, if you walk into someone, you back up, excuse yourself, and
walk around
them.  From what I've seen, my hat is off to Judge Clarence Thomas.

>    It should surprise no one that our culture now has far less difficulty
>    recognizing celebrities than it does those who achieve success as a
>    result of personal effort and character traits that we traditionally
>    would consider heroic. Denigrating heroic virtue -- in other words,
>    chalking heroism up to circumstance -- fits quite well with the notion
>    that we must all be the same and that there can be no significant
>    differences in our achievement, social standing, or wealth.

Which reminds me of another Troutmanism:

     "Dave -- We used to have heroes, people who were known for being
heroic.
      Now all we have is a bunch of people famous for being famous."

--David Miller

middle  rival
devil rim lad

Windows '95 -- a dirty, two-bit operating system.

Thread