1997-12-09 - Re: Remailer Trivia / Re: Singapore & Freedom (fwd)

Header Data

From: Jrbl Pookah <lists@castle5.castlec.com>
To: cypherpunks@ssz.com
Message Hash: ed885e589abf6b38bdc1aed4c029ae49c14b7b12850e70d5f145d0ae377f76fe
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.95.971209155223.1478A-100000@castle5.castlec.com>
Reply To: <199712091400.IAA04323@einstein.ssz.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-09 21:03:51 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 05:03:51 +0800

Raw message

From: Jrbl Pookah <lists@castle5.castlec.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 05:03:51 +0800
To: cypherpunks@ssz.com
Subject: Re: Remailer Trivia / Re: Singapore & Freedom (fwd)

> > Jim Choate writes:
> >
> > >                    To the best of my knowledge no phone company anywhere
> > > will allow a customer to purchase service without identifying themselves to
> > > the phone company. Please let me know if there is such a beast somewhere.

	Hmm.  Excuse the interruption into your conversation here, but
I've signed up (in the past) for long-distance service under an assumed
name, on a telephone line that I held in a different assumed name.  At
least in Cincinnati, OH, the phone company didn't (doesn't?) really care,
as long as they had a place to send the bills.  When they asked for my
SSN, I simply told them I wouldn't give it to them, and offered my
date-of-birth - which I lied about.  They didn't mind.

Thread