1997-12-17 - Re: UK spooks invent RSA, DH in 1973

Header Data

From: Vicente Silveira <vicente@certisign.com.br>
To: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
Message Hash: f2589df3cf29a8ed18762741f79dec24fbb72d0b7379bcec56a35d51ce07584d
Message ID: <34999229.15CD6AB5@certisign.com.br>
Reply To: <199712171946.OAA08750@homeport.org>
UTC Datetime: 1997-12-17 21:28:33 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 05:28:33 +0800

Raw message

From: Vicente Silveira <vicente@certisign.com.br>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 05:28:33 +0800
To: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
Subject: Re: UK spooks invent RSA, DH in 1973

Adam Shostack wrote:

> Jim Burnes wrote:
>
> | >      http://jya.com/ellisdoc.htm
> |
> | Can patents be revoked due to prior art arguments?
>
>         I think its a really bad precedent to revoking patents based
> on the basis of secret documents released after the fact.  If you
> believe in patents, then having your work nullifiable by government
> claims is a bad idea.

Maybe in the future this could be possible ... Let's say that
NSA does hashes of all their scientific papers and timestamp
them with some third party recognized company. This way NSA would
be able to prove that they had an original idea even if they claim
this only after someone else has reinvented it.

--

Vicente Silveira - vicente@certisign.com.br
  CertiSign Certificadora Digital Ltda.

Thread