1998-01-16 - Re: Eternity Services

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 1a2c34643e1991a5340418ba6188ca30d971b646093b1e6c0e854df7c265f437
Message ID: <199801162343.AAA12152@basement.replay.com>
Reply To: <199801120523.AAA12947@the-great-machine.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1998-01-16 23:47:14 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 07:47:14 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 07:47:14 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: Eternity Services

Lucky Green <shamrock@cypherpunks.to> wrote:

> And the demand for such ecash systems is real. I personally carried a $10
> million offer for a non-exclusive license for the blind signature patent
> to David Chaum. He declined the offer. "The patent is not for license".
> DigiCash's CEO since March of last year, Mike Nash, also told me that
> DigiCash was not considering licensing the patent. I knew that day that it
> was time to quit. Not surprisingly, nobody heard from DigiCash since.

You could challenge the patent, and probably win, for less than $10
million.  There is quite a bit of prior art that Chaum neglected to
disclose, especially a certain incident where Chaum, as editor of
Crypto '84 proceedings, tried to supress part of ElGamal's paper which
discussed 'signature conversion' (aka blind signatures).

Thread