1998-01-08 - No Subject

Header Data

From: jalonz@openworld.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8807331abc8f941ae195d83d017671d36f1ec41d594eba5dbb092f5b2ca423dc
Message ID: <85256586.0029E630.00@openworld.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 15:48:36 +0800

Raw message

From: jalonz@openworld.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 15:48:36 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: No Subject

>#   SAN DIEGO DISTRICT ATTORNEY'S OFFICE.
>#
>#   Computer Security - Provide computer security assistance in criminal
>#   investigations.  Tasks include data decryption, recovering erased
data,
>#   password retrieval, data line monitoring, and protected system entry.
>
>Isn't that last item special?
>
>---guy
>
>   And a possible reason for heading the other way.

guy,

tough noogies

deal with it...

Notice the words "criminal investigations"? God forbid talent could
actually be used for a good cause. The incidents in question were actually
quite serious (Chinese mafia money laundering via phony real estate deals)
and not at all like the porno bbs confiscation crap you'd be thinking of.

Besides the DA office reference (I can completely understand about that
one), which was consulting work, what's your point in laying someone's life
out on a page? Who cares? Yeah, its a lot of stuff, I just happen to work
for start-up companies and thus I jump around a lot - given that most of
them never make it due to one problem or another.

:)
jqz

Thread