1998-01-28 - Re: State of the Union Address

Header Data

From: Anonymous <anon@anon.efga.org>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 8858771e049f2da9c53d1977ed6ec1d2a193e0872a5e1236951c3577b5b8000f
Message ID: <8463c019601705d91ebc98ca08ee4e29@anon.efga.org>
Raw Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 11:19:39 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <anon@anon.efga.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 11:19:39 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: State of the Union Address

>I guess those high school students aren't the only ones with no clear
>idea of the way the world works.  While salt water does not ordinarily
>explode, in this case salt water is the ultimate product -- but massive
>heat released when acids and bases join and recombine to produce salts
>(in this case table salt) and water.

Interesting thread. While we're on the topic of chemistry and heat:

Does anyone happen to know how to figure the energy requirements or yields
for a reaction? My college chemistry book doesn't say a whole lot about it.
In fact it doesn't say enough to actually be useful at all; it gives
energies for four or five different bonds in a table and then launches into
a really bad explanation of how to calculate this.

If I have to use a table of bond energies is there one available online? Or
is there a simpler way to just calculate the bloody things?

I really ought to take more chemistry courses before I get my diploma. Or at
the very least audit them.

Thread