1998-01-28 - Re: Kooks and their Kookies

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b2afc2626063572bc0a523bbd2cd1a70c30c57c2e07c4f76d04cf72dc26492b6
Message ID: <w3uZJe12w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <199801280030.SAA20118@manifold.algebra.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-01-28 04:40:58 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 12:40:58 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 12:40:58 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Kooks and their Kookies

ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home) writes:

> I have just looked into my cookies file, and noticed an interesting
> kookie (pun intended):
>
> www.netscum.net FALSE   /       FALSE   123456789      visited the%20Home%20P
>
> (Name Deleted is the name of one of the well known USENET personaes,
> and there is a number instead of 123456789).
>
> This is really interesting. If netscum.net ever comes up again, do not
> view it except through the anonymizer or the crowds, and filter out the
> kooks' kookies.

You can find *most* of netscum at this URL:

http://www.spambusters.dyn.ml.org/www.netscum.net/index.html

It does do very interesting things with cookies. it also allows you to
customize the typeface, the size, and the color of the text using the
cookie. Be sure at least to watch the cookies coming in on this and any
other site.

Would there be any interest if I put an anootated netscape cookie file
(cypherpunks cookie potluck) someplace like geocitie.com?

Also a composite blockfile for junkbusters and other filtering proxies.

A really neat feature for ad-filtering proxies would be to be able to
place a specified picture (or at least a black rectangle) over a jpg or
gif file being received from a URL that matches a specified pattern.
I'm not sufficiently handy with graphics file formats to tell how easy
this would be.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM