1998-01-11 - Re: [Humor] Kennedy’s New Legislation

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ba45d716776961eb38181b73ec5dec27b3b951f99dc6171a1c3c5b745b548a6a
Message ID: <e9B6ie60w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <3.0.5.32.19980111002729.007cc410@otc.net>
UTC Datetime: 1998-01-11 16:05:44 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 00:05:44 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 00:05:44 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: [Humor] Kennedy's New Legislation

David Honig <honig@otc.net> writes:

>  One of the reasons why all drugs should be legal
> >is that people who should not breed will use the drugs to kill themselves,
> >leaving more room/wealth/resources for their genetic superiors.
>
> Ah yes, the argument against required motorcycle helmets which looks for
> the increased organ
> harvest for transplants.
>
> Bogus reasoning.  You are sovereign and can do with yourself as you please.
>  *That* is why substances should be legal and helmets should be optional.
> Pragmatics are irrelevant.  I *do*
> wear seatbelts but it should be my choice, not
> something the state can use violence to enforce.

The above is just one of the reasons why all drugs should be legalized.

As for helmets, seatbelts, et al, consider them in context: most kids
stupid enough to ride a bike wihtout a helmet are already on welfare.
If they get themselves certified brain-damaged (I don't know how the
doctors tell the difference :-) they'll be stealing even more of my money
through taxes. Therefore in the context of taxpayers paying the medical
bills of these parasites, helmets can be required.

> Pardon for the off-topic..

I try to find cryptorelevance in the publishing one's results v. secrecy
thread.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM