1998-01-24 - Re: Document destruction services (fwd)

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov)
Message Hash: d4dd2c5d835bf337c12ac584ce2014be2340f1bf3e2bbd84a2d2974d9d00ed13
Message ID: <v03102802b0efdd39ab66@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <199801241720.LAA19990@einstein.ssz.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-01-24 18:09:34 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 02:09:34 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 02:09:34 +0800
To: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov)
Subject: Re: Document destruction services (fwd)

At 9:40 AM -0800 1/24/98, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:

>Jim, try it. I am sure that adding alcohol will not help much, but will
>make it a fire hazard.
>
>Can one buy concentrated sulfuric acid in this country without being
>stormed by jackbooted thugs? I think that I'll need a couple of gallons.
>To that I'll need about teh same amount of chalk-like material to
>neutralize it after the deed is done.
>
>	- Igor.

Come on, Igor, just go out and make a bonfire. I can't see why this is
turning into a major thread, "How Igor can burn a box of documents."

As for buying H2SO4, of _course_ one can buy it! But it's a really dumb way
to destroy some papers.

Just burn them. I don't get what the problem is.

(And don't repeat that they are "hard to burn." Unless they are made of
some other than paper, which is doubtful, they will burn.)

--Tim May