1998-01-28 - RE: Announcement: RPK InvisiMail released on 12 Jan, 1998

Header Data

From: Jack Oswald <joswald@rpkusa.com>
To: “‘John Young’” <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: e73db494cb311204fd222a8db2c356cc77a91daf6fa8961cafa66eb6240e48cf
Message ID: <01BD2BDC.19144440@joswald@rpkusa.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 03:21:04 +0800

Raw message

From: Jack Oswald <joswald@rpkusa.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 03:21:04 +0800
To: "'John Young'" <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: RE: Announcement: RPK InvisiMail released on 12 Jan, 1998

It seems that there is some confusion WRT to the origin  of this product.
 The encryption technology was developed in New Zealand.  The application
itself was developed on the Isle of Man (British Isles).  As a result, the
US gov't has had nothing to do with the product and therefore none of the
"concerns" represented in the previous message have any merit.  What was
meant by use of "honey" is that if you pick a fight with a government
official, they will be happy to fight back.  If you complement them on
their farsighted visionary non-meddling approach you get a very different
response.  Our experience has been that we get a reasonable response from
the NZ government that does not restrict the security that our products
offer nor in the way that we choose to do business.

Jack