1998-02-05 - Re: Fingerprinting in CA

Header Data

From: Jim Burnes <jim.burnes@ssds.com>
To: “Attila T. Hun” <attila@hun.org>
Message Hash: 12f8e366ed0c6ccc5b4f024bffde99519019718ab699382548fcf5232b6ab357
Message ID: <34D9EBBB.EF470B19@ssds.com>
Reply To: <19980205.000739.attila@hun.org>
UTC Datetime: 1998-02-05 16:46:43 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 00:46:43 +0800

Raw message

From: Jim Burnes <jim.burnes@ssds.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 00:46:43 +0800
To: "Attila T. Hun" <attila@hun.org>
Subject: Re: Fingerprinting in CA

Attila T. Hun wrote:

> on or about 980203:2223, in <199802040323.WAA16673@panix2.panix.com>,
>     Information Security <guy@panix.com> was purported to have
>     expostulated to perpetuate an opinion:
>
> >   How did you CA cypherpunks feel about being fingerprinted?
>
>     well, I would have gone up to Nevada to get a license, but they
>     have been doing it longer than CA.  now Utah is doing it....
>     it will be universal before long. when I asked in CA if I could
>     refuse to be fingerprinted, they said; "sure... as long as you
>     dont want a license"  --real white of 'em.  Utah said basically
>     the same thing.

If your interested in this problem, I believe that the Georgia
wing
of the EFF is mounting a campaign against fingerprinting on
driver's
licenses.

Can't remember the URL for it though...

jim burnes