1998-02-03 - Re: County Mounties Spit on the 4th Amendment

Header Data

From: “Michael H. Warfield” <mhw@wittsend.com>
To: nobody@privacynb.ml.org
Message Hash: 4975d327cbc5ee1d9f1dcfb4f4f5ea7ca7b3c75e66d5b6b511224ba3e829d474
Message ID: <199802031425.JAA23565@alcove.wittsend.com>
Reply To: <695e7d4cd89037ab6c4e383c56f8fa6b@privacynb.ml.org>
UTC Datetime: 1998-02-03 14:32:17 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 22:32:17 +0800

Raw message

From: "Michael H. Warfield" <mhw@wittsend.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 22:32:17 +0800
To: nobody@privacynb.ml.org
Subject: Re: County Mounties Spit on the 4th Amendment

Anonymous Sender enscribed thusly:
> >Oh! The 4th amendment? That dusty old thing? When the scumbags
> >are kicking in your door which would you rather have protecting >you: a raggedy old piece of paper or a Prince George County >Mountie SWAT team in full ninja dress and the latest high-tech >law-enforcement goodies? Thought so. Cup's at the end of the >counter comrade. Have a nice day.

> You couldn't be talking about Prince George, Canada, could you?
> "Mounties" are Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), and are
> limited to Canada, and Disney World.

	"County Mounties" is a CB (Citizens Band Radio for those not
familiar with US radio) slang term in the US for local police.  Conversely
"Supertroupers" refers to State Patrol.  The term "Smokie" (coined from
the movie Smokie and the Bandit) refers to all police.

	Mike
--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  mhw@WittsEnd.com
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 925-8248   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/