1998-02-05 - Re: the best justice money can buy –Lessig

Header Data

From: mark@unicorn.com
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 75b78b04d56b20d49a6ad41d014b14c84f6a2e2b3af6f2cb0a7c356f3d9f8196
Message ID: <886695836.699.193.133.230.33@unicorn.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 00:36:19 +0800

Raw message

From: mark@unicorn.com
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 00:36:19 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: the best justice money can buy --Lessig

Atilla wrote:
>no, in fact, if there were a free market remedy for M$'
>monopoly, I would be in favour of it --and there is _no_
>free market remedy and failure to act promptly
>conceivably wipe out all, or virtually all, of the
>viable competitors.

Of course there's a free-market remedy for Microsoft; eliminate copyright. If
anyone can copy Microsoft software for free, it would be forced to compete
on real benefits rather than installed base.

This is why I have no sympathy with those who claim Microsoft is the victim
in the anti-trust suits, even though I'm opposed to such action in general;
those whose profits depend on the 800-pound gorilla can hardly complain when
it falls on them.

    Mark

Thread