1998-02-11 - RE: Cyber ‘Nannys”

Header Data

From: “Paul Bradley” <csm70830@port.ac.uk>
To: tcmay@got.net
Message Hash: 8264fad046fe6a37b8f7b7eafd7d94baba5fed7925e43410a7d03c610709095a
Message ID: <18B66325A0@ou20.csm.port.ac.uk>
Reply To: <34DF87FE.611AA4EF@InfoWar.Com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-02-11 12:49:52 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 20:49:52 +0800

Raw message

From: "Paul Bradley" <csm70830@port.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 20:49:52 +0800
To: tcmay@got.net
Subject: RE: Cyber 'Nannys"

> >While I do not disagree that these companies should be able to market
> >their products, I wholeheartedly disagree with the fact that often their
> >customers (the adults who bought the software or subscribed to he
> >'service') are not allowed to have a list of what is actually blocked,
>
> So you wholeheartedly disagree that they are not giving you a list of what
> is blocked...so go use another service.

I second that, it is strange how easily it is to bait supposedly
libertarian list members into saying statist things about "consumer
protection laws" and other such examples of state force and coercion
over businesses.

I do not go out, but a piece of software, then "demand" that I am
given the source code and an explanation of why each line was written
in the particular way it appears, of course this is all an aside to
the real point that people should know better than to try to
"protect" children from speech they don`t like.

--
                            Paul Bradley
                      paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk

Thread