1998-02-26 - Re: From Peter Gutmann Re: So what does happen to a city wit

Header Data

From: “Charles” <bear@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To: David Honig <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 88485ebed6c5ca3f9d8aa787c45487239436fa562ff4b818828bbcdd6068b2b9
Message ID: <199802261924.FAA25202@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
Reply To: <3.0.5.32.19980226093420.007dd2d0@otc.net>
UTC Datetime: 1998-02-26 19:27:08 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 11:27:08 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Charles" <bear@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 11:27:08 -0800 (PST)
To: David Honig <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: From Peter Gutmann  Re: So what *does* happen to a city  wit

On 26 Feb 98 at 9:34, David Honig wrote:

> I wrote:
> >
> >>A part of Aukland is finding out.
> >>
> >>http://www.tampabayonline.net/news/news101l.htm
>
> Peter G replies:
> >It's pretty serious, so far it's affected (at various times) a number of

Strangely enough (Auckland is just a 3 hour flight ESE of here) at
almost the same time Aucklands power went down Brisbane in
Queensland Australia had its own power problems from last Sunday
through to approx Thursday. Our situation was nowhere near as bad as
Aucklands but it was unusual. The government claimed that all 4 of
our power stations (insert particular fault of the day...I heard
boilers blowing up, pipes getting clogged etc) had an incredibly
unlucky act of god perpetrated on them all at the exact same time
resulting in controlled blackouts to SE Queensland and Brisbane
(excepting the CBD which was not subject to power rationing). The
minister responible claims that it was not due to lack of
maintenance (which would be my guess) but just a one in a billion
chance. I guess we don't have a national power grid here to draw on
during such times.

If anyone has found out what really happened here I'd love to know as
the pollies usual lies are getting so bad its embaressing.

--
   .////.   .//    Charles Senescall           bear@gargoyle.apana.org.au
 o:::::::::///                                   apache@bear.apana.org.au
>::::::::::\\\     Finger me for PGP PUBKEY            Brisbane AUSTRALIA
   '\\\\\'   \\    Apache

Thread