1998-02-20 - Re: PLO censoring pro-Iraqi sentiments

Header Data

From: “William H. Geiger III” <whgiii@invweb.net>
To: “Eric J. Tune” <paladin@lvcablemodem.com>
Message Hash: 8b397ccb2d9b70ef7047f6aeaf3bea97b13634291a88cad943b797a7ae178eae
Message ID: <199802200612.BAA31481@users.invweb.net>
Reply To: <3.0.5.32.19980219204255.007c3680@pop3.lvcablemodem.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-02-20 05:49:39 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 13:49:39 +0800

Raw message

From: "William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@invweb.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 13:49:39 +0800
To: "Eric J. Tune" <paladin@lvcablemodem.com>
Subject: Re: PLO censoring pro-Iraqi sentiments

In <3.0.5.32.19980219204255.007c3680@pop3.lvcablemodem.com>, on 02/19/98
   at 08:42 PM, "Eric J. Tune" <paladin@lvcablemodem.com> said:

>>Eric Tune writes:
>>
>>> You know Tim, I respect most of what you write, and I respect you in
>>> that you have your own free will and opinions and the right to express
>>> them, but what you have forgotten in your anarchistic ravings is that
>>> PEOPLE DIED IN SOMALIA, including a personal friend of mine.  They were
>>> all somebody's son, brother, and friend.
>>
>>So were the 100,000 Iraqi military killed by Bush, and the 1,000,000
>>Iraqis of all ages killed by US sanctions.  So were the civilians
>>bulldozed into mass graves in Panama, so the country would look neat and
>>tidy for the arrival of the ReportWhores.
>>
>>What the world needs now is not another mass killing of Iraqis by the
>>United States government.  What the world really needs now is a fifty
>>dollar weapon that sinks aircraft carriers.
>>
>>> These soldiers went where they were ordered to go, as befits a soldier,
>>> and tried to do the job they were given and accomplish the mission, and
>>> for that EVERY ONE OF THEM DESERVES Y O U R RESPECT.  I am quite sure
>>> the vast majority of them thought it was patently stupid to go to
>>> Somalia in the first place, but a soldier follows orders, legal ones,
>>> and tries to get the job done regardless of personal feelings.
>>
>>Most of them would probably follow "legal orders" to fire upon American
>>civilians too.

>You ever served in the military?  Unless you've been under fire, you
>should shut the fuck up about shit you know nothing about nor could
>comprehend.

>>> The next time you "cheer to see the U.S. gets its tail kicked", why
>>> don't you think about the American troops who lost their lives or were
>>> maimed, or who were doing something they may have been personally and
>>> morally against, but they chose to be professional soldiers, and instead
>>> of displaying cowardice, they tried to do what was asked of them.
>>
>>The universe does not view the lives of Americans as more valuable than
>>the lives of people murdered by Americans.

>Listen up jerk, in case you didn't get any news during 1990, Iraq
>attacked Kuwait, and murdered thousands of Kuwaitis.  "Don't start no
>shit and there won't be no shit"... ever heard that, asshole?  America
>would have never been involved if Iraq hadn't invaded Kuwait.  I was
>there, in a Bradley, and we could have rolled all over Baghdad,
>especially after what the Iraqi bastards did to the Kuwaitis, but it
>wasn't done. Unfortunately Saddam Hussein stayed in power.  There will
>not be a shred of a chance for peace in that region until he is DEAD.  I
>don't think air strikes are the answer to this, and I think Clinton is a
>moron for his present policy, War is the worst thing that man can do to
>other men, and there is no such thing as "the good fight"... war is hell.
>Period.  Until you have been in a war, you have no idea of what you are
>talking about.  But if you think that Iraq was "more right" or better
> [...]

Wow! I haven't seen this kind of reactionary temper-tantrum since the last
4th of July BBQ down at the VFW.

So how long were you in?? Usally this type of "God save the King"
mentality wears off after a boot has been in the field for a few months.
For the more febal minded it lasts longer but they usally never make it
above Cpl. or 1st Lt.

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://users.invweb.net/~whgiii

OS/2 PGP 2.6.3a at: http://users.invweb.net/~whgiii/pgpmr2.html

Tag-O-Matic: Bugs come in through open Windows.

Thread