1998-02-09 - re: Drivers Licenses

Header Data

From: “WebWarrior3@InfoWar.Com” <WebWarrior3@InfoWar.Com>
To: cypherpunks <cypherpunks@sirius.infonex.com>
Message Hash: bec5da260c004cafc323a52f4f5fe65a4d6ef0e3ff10d668a8501b4cfc29fbce
Message ID: <34DE5F9A.9744B0D7@InfoWar.Com>
Raw Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 10:58:39 +0800

Raw message

From: "WebWarrior3@InfoWar.Com" <WebWarrior3@InfoWar.Com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 10:58:39 +0800
To: cypherpunks <cypherpunks@sirius.infonex.com>
Subject: re: Drivers Licenses

>In most states it's a felony to modify or alter a drivers license,
>they are considered the property of the state and not yours personaly.
>
>Next time a cop asks for ID and you hand him your d.l. you could be in
for a
>lot more than  couple hundred dollars and a ticket.

That's silly! I mess up my credit card strips all the time by keeping
them in my pocket with keys on motorcycle rides, or in my tool belt when
I used to do carpentry, or even slipping them into my money clip the
wrong side out....the tape has never lasted longer than a month on any
of my cards...I doubt, seriously, that a cop will harrass anyone who
does not come out and say, "Yes, officer, I intentionally defaced my
DL.  And ya know why, Mr. Poleesse Man? Well, I'll tell ya <yadda,
yadda, yadda, privacy, yadda, yadda, biometrics, yadda....>"

I do agree that it is proably better to do the damage without it being
noticable.  Less suspicion is ALWAYS better.

Best,
-S

Thread