1998-02-10 - Re: Driver Licenses

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: e6665ff2f784761e4e97a66f0e349f969ec58b1a1fbdc49263753e85ecbb5812
Message ID: <3.0.2.32.19980210071357.036c98d8@panix.com>
Reply To: <199802082027.PAA00347@users.invweb.net>
UTC Datetime: 1998-02-10 12:40:31 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 20:40:31 +0800

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 20:40:31 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: Driver Licenses

At 02:52 AM 2/10/98 +0100, Anonymous wrote:
>> Yup.  It's really annoying to have to give the California DMV lots of
>> personal information about myself so they can track down deadbeat dads,
>> given that I'm not even a dad, much less a deadbeat dad, and so they
>> can track down Mexicans who want to drive without citizenship papers,
>> and similar presumptions of potential guilt.
>
>Actually, thanks to NAFTA, the Mexicans can drive without citizenship
>papers, and they don't have to give the California DMV shit.  All they
>need is a valid mexican driver license and they can drive in the US.

NAFTA has nothing to do with it.  You've always been able to drive with a foreign license.

DCF

Thread