1998-03-11 - Re: Only In Anonymous…

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 021a21e8b7e7553b2013b126c3fe1eb86dde0e477168668e82f4b23b505322f0
Message ID: <199803112324.AAA16722@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 15:24:19 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 15:24:19 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Only In Anonymous...

Anonymous wrote:

> There's nothing wrong with satire, but people ought to mark it as such,
> when posting to a list filled with weak-minded and ideologically
> blinded individuals.

  I've long said the same thing about the purported 'news' stories
carried by the mainstream press, but the replies I have received from
the news giants merely state that their office gang all had a good
laugh over my 'satire'.
  Until the mainstream press begins marking their articles with such
labels/disclaimers as 'half-truth'/'politically-biased'/'government-
handout'/'self-serving'/'total-bullshit', etc., then I see no reason
to require such labeling by individual netizens who may well be doing
nothing more than writing the news of the near-future.

You go cut wood, carry water--chop, chop, splash, splash...

ZenRacistMonger

Thread