1998-03-15 - In Your EAR…

Header Data

From: Six <ualdv8@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3449984c3c8cdd9120ef8dcfc9a6d0a24126233feaa7c2dd9bfef9263953a438
Message ID: <350B306B.1B7C@sk.sympatico.ca>
Raw Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 17:33:20 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Six <ualdv8@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 17:33:20 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: In Your EAR...

In Your EAR, Shit-For-Brains
----------------------------
  In continuation of a tradition begun on Dec. 7, 2041 A.D.
EARMonger InterpretPrizes would like to extend an invitation
to those who wish to participate in a clear violation of the
U.S. EAR regulations of your current time period.
  The StarShip CowBoy, descended from the lineage of the
Author, would be more than happy to ensure that your violation
of EAR regulations extends not only across the physical and
political geographically-based space continuum, but also across
a range of the time continuum which begins before EAR was an
unborn seed in the mind of The RAT, continues throughout its
journey from the mind, through the digestive system, its
physical manifestation as droppings from The RAT, its further
evolution through the reproductive systems of various insects
and vermin, right up to the time that The RatFucker returned
it to its rightful place, placing it back in the mind of
The Rat, as a seed placed in The Rat's EAR.

"The more things change, the more they remain insane..."
~ The Author

  To participate, one only need to send the following:

print pack"C*",split/\D+/,`echo
"16iII*o\U@{$/=$z;[(pop,pop,unpack"H*",<>

to the Monger of their choice, in any given space-time continuum,
with instructions as to where the person would like to have this
officially unexportable (under U.S. EAR regulations) cryptographic
code forwarded.
  Whatever legally unexportable code you choose to send will be
routed through U.S. servers to their ultimate destination.

  Two PGP Keys are included below, for those who wish to disguise
their original message in order to maintain deniability (in the
case that the message is intercepted by the Sixual Deviate, who
would undoubtedly insert child-pornography into the message),
to force those choosing to monitor and/or enforce EAR regulations
to jump through the maximum number of hoops to pursue their March
To Madness, or to hide the communication from your mother (who
would undoubtedly smack your nasty bottom if she knew what you
were doing through your little sister's email account).

  Suggestions for final destinations for your illegal and
prosecutable communication:
~To yourself, at both U.S. and foreign email server sites.
~To your immediate family members at U.S. and foreign email
  server sites.
~To foreign embassies of U.S. allies.
~To foreign embassies of U.S. enemies.
~To U.S. embassies in foreign countries.
~To foreign government email addresses, with instructions
  for delivery to individuals presently incarcerated for
  terrorist crimes.
~To anywhere you damn well please...

  In the interests of making the whole process as convoluted
and ridiculous as possible, it is suggested that you make
your communications as much of a mixed-bag as you can imagine.
  e.g. - Some legal, some illegal, some attributed to yourself
or others, some to be forwarded anonymously, some sent via
routes that are easily traceable, some sent through routes
that are difficult to trace, some sent from your own machines
and email accounts, some through the machines and accounts
of others (obvious forgeries are welcomed).

  All communications received by A Monger To Remain Unnamed
Later But Everyone Knows Who It Is by April 1, 1998 will be
forwarded on A Date Which Will Remain A Mystery , at exactly
9:02 CST, regardless of whether or not they are obviously
spook-originated missives designed to provide proof of
criminal activity.

  This once-in-many-lifetimes offer is being extended as part
of a Man On The Digital Street survey aimed at answering the
question: "Does anyone really know what time it is?"
  The question you might ask yourself, is: "Does anyone
really care?"

  When you think of 'Chicago'--think of Abbey Hoffman.

A. F(r)iend

Subject:
        time to export RSA and demand to be prosecuted? (Re: Cypherpunks
Crypto_Legal Assistance Fund)
  Date:
        Sat, 14 Mar 1998 21:27:54 GMT
  From:
        Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk>
    To:
        ravage@ssz.com
    CC:
        cypherpunks@cyberpass.net, frissell@panix.com

Jim Choate <ravage@ssz.com> writes:
> Perhaps it's time, in regards testing crypto law, to do exactly what
> Tim May proposes - premeditated actions intended to force either a
> clear refusal to prosecute on the part of the government or else a
> clear abstinance on their part to prosecute.
>
> It's obvious that no individual has the legal where withal who is
> also willing to do this.

Some of the people on the list are lawyers, perhaps they could do it
and represent themselves, or represent others.  Duncan Frissell has
some opinions on this I think.  If I recall his previous statements on
this topic have included that Phil Zimmermann ought to hire a troupe
of dancing elephants to make a noise and force the Feds to prosecute.
(Duncan considered the Feds would loose).

On a practical matter of what to export... may I suggest exporting
this:

print pack"C*",split/\D+/,`echo
"16iII*o\U@{$/=$z;[(pop,pop,unpack"H*",<>

Peter Junger got an official decision from the US commerce department
that this was not exportable under the EAR regulations.

Do we have a volunteer?

Adam
--
Now officially an EAR violation...

print pack"C*",split/\D+/,`echo
"16iII*o\U@{$/=$z;[(pop,pop,unpack"H*",<>

           Re: time to export RSA and demand to be prosecuted? (Re:
Cypherpunks Crypto_Legal Assistance
           Fund)
      Date:
           Sat, 14 Mar 1998 17:30:03 -0500