1998-03-17 - Re: PGP assimilated by NAI

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5fd58be64a041bb2d254d064a0c611531a2209ce05226347463895aa950cae6a
Message ID: <199803172112.WAA03178@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 13:13:12 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 13:13:12 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: PGP assimilated by NAI

Anonymous wrote:
> No doubt. I offer the observation that only someone doing
> a favor for the government or someone operating from the
> totally mind-fucked perspective of modern mismanagement
> would invest good money to buy a company whose principal
> asset was its "good will" and proceed to completely trash
> that marketplace good will, abandon the world-famous
> name of product and company, and physically assimilate
> the hapless wage slaves working there by another group
> that represents the antithesis of what PGP stood for in
> the minds of virtually all who knew it, worldwide. How
> can this _possibly_ be a good business decision in and
> of itself? Occam's Razor: It isn't -- it's only good in
> terms of what someone may have promised in return for
> destroying PGP. It's a lot easier to see how that might
> be the case than to see how NAI/NG could come out winning
> in the marketplace by cancelling out everything that PGP,
> Inc. had going for it.

  Back in the 'old days', when I had to walk ten miles, uphill,
in a blinding snowstorm, only to find that computers did not
exist yet, I was a founder of one of the first Canadian
anti-nuclear grassroots organizations.
  Once the anti-nuke movement had progressed to the point
where it was a viable entity, worthy of press coverage,
etc., the Canadian government began to 'recognize' the
legitimacy of the movement, and to 'fund' it (hee-hee).
  I went to the self-congratulatory celebration party held
by the members of the group I had founded who had managed
to line up at the government trough by abandoning their
ethics and values in favor of a government-mandated policy
of taking a 'reasonable' middle-road in the group's activities.
  I was there for eleven minutes. I spent the first five minutes
shoveling as much free food as humanly possible down my throat.
I spent the next five minutes draining every bottle of free
liquor in sight down my throat. I spent the next minute barfing
everything I had consumed all over the government representative
who was in attendance to make certain that everyone was toeing
the line and not saying 'bad things' about the Canadian government
or the Nuclear Power Industry.

Prologic Management Systems, Inc., bought Basis, Inc., in Berzerkeley
a couple years ago (considered by some to be the main lair of a
secret organization dedicated to preventing the Evil One from using
computer technology to imprison the minds and souls of humankind).
My research indicated that Prologic was a spook-owned 'company killer'
which specialized in buying out and decimating companies who actually
had a capacity to resist the diabolical aims of the NWO.
When Network Associates bought PGP, I did similar research on NAI
and Network General, and came to the same conclusions.

> ("Psst! Buy PGP
> and fuck it over until no one recognizes or trusts it,
> and we'll throw you a $50 million contract next year
> from our Black Budget!")

  I have a friend in Arizona who asks me for investment advice, and
I recently told him to invest heavily in companies being acquired
by WorldComm.
  My rationalization for his investing heavily in companies in league
with the Anti-Christ was that, when Jesus comes back, he'll have
enough money to buy him a meal and drinks at the best restaurant in
town, thus redeeming himself.

> This is a Pretty Good Example of why it was a Pretty
> Bad Idea to form PGP, Inc. in the first place. Phil,
> the brave but too-politically-correct middle-aged naive
> liberal guy, is seeing his creation burn to ashes before
> his eyes. Parents should never outlive their children --
> it ruins them, as is part of the game plan here, I
> suspect.

> FuckedAgainGeezMyAssIsGettingSoreMonger II

Whenever the government 'legitimatizes' any organization/product, it
is generally for the purpose of co-opting/fucking them.
The government uses the carrot-stick method on the citizen-animal.
First, it gives them the carrot/benefit for registering their identity
with the government (SSN#) and then it gives them the stick/buttfucking
once they are identified and categorized.

ImFromTheGovernmentAndImHereToHelpBendOverAndGiveMeYourNumberMonger

Thread