1998-03-30 - S-909 Revised

Header Data

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 884d1a9cf5bc7bf605fa528cb511979fc05d0eb1e74d3199dd071d2f27b0cd32
Message ID: <199803302212.RAA06210@camel8.mindspring.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 14:12:39 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 14:12:39 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: S-909 Revised

We've received from anonymous a copy of Senators
McCain and Kerrey's draft revisions to S.909, The
Secure Public Networks Act, as announced in early
March:

   http://jya.com/s909-rev.htm  (60K)

This is encryption legislation due to be introduced in May
and is now being circulated among government
agencies and industry for comment.

It draws heavily on the FBI "technical assistance draft"
of last year which made recommendations for modifying
the original bill. See links to both from this draft.

Page 2 of the draft was not provided. Anybody with
a copy of the page we'd appreciate getting it, digitized if
convenient, faxed if not: 212-799-4003.

Thread