1998-03-21 - Re: Complaints about spam are TRUE theft of services

Header Data

From: “Paul H. Merrill” <paulmerrill@acm.org>
To: Ross Wright <rwright@adnetsol.com>
Message Hash: a90571530698320569414a6c8b8b27934d5730419be127a60eca77fb1f8fe4f3
Message ID: <35132F8D.15FF@acm.org>
Reply To: <199803202343.PAA09849@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-03-21 00:06:21 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:06:21 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Paul H. Merrill" <paulmerrill@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:06:21 -0800 (PST)
To: Ross Wright <rwright@adnetsol.com>
Subject: Re: Complaints about spam are TRUE theft of services

Ross Wright wrote:

> On or About 19 Mar 98 at 15:31, Ian Briggs wrote:
>
> > >Spam is not crime, it's commerce.  Shut up and hit that delete key,
> > > you fucktard.
> >
> > Its not commerce, its collect calls and fuck you.  Fax bombing is
> > illegal.
> >
> > Unsolicitated e-mail of this nature will eventually also be.
>
> Is that *really* what you want?
>
> >> Not because its "dangerous" to the internet, there are a lot more
> > dangerous issues facing todays Internet, because organized ISP have
> > enough power to tell cluless lawmakers it is.
>
> Again, I ask: "Is that *REALLY* what you want?"  You want stupid
> congressmen and women to make new laws about spam???  Are you nuts?
>
> *Really*, you want them sticking their small minds into the internet?
> *REALLY*??????
>
> You and all your "organized ISP" brothers should just shut up and hit
> the delete keys, you bunch of fucktards.
>
> Thanks.
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-
> Ross Wright
> King Media: Bulk Sales of Software Media and Duplication Services
> http://ross.adnetsol.com
> Voice: (408) 259-2795

While I do not completely agree with the tone of the comments, nor do I
buy the specific numbers involved, I have found that the mouthing off
about the terror of Spam to take more bandwidth than the (EMail) spam
itself does.  I also fear legislative involvement much more than the
spam itself.

OTOH I dislike spam intensely and do reufse to buy from a spammer --
even when they occasionally have a toy I just might want under other
circumstances.

PHM

Thread