1998-03-20 - Re: G8 action plan on online anonymity?

Header Data

From: TruthMongrel <tm@dev.null>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bb4d3e1f068ac21fc458d558438590c6cdcba2e7551e2b3b1e3f3aa387c224fa
Message ID: <3511D0F1.23A@dev.null>
Reply To: <9803191909.AA49210@public.uni-hamburg.de>
UTC Datetime: 1998-03-20 02:33:32 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 18:33:32 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: TruthMongrel <tm@dev.null>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 18:33:32 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: G8 action plan on online anonymity?

Ulf Mller wrote:
> >From Janet Reno's press release <URL:
> http://www.usdoj.dov/opa/pr/1997/December97/518cr.html>: "each nation
> has committed to develop faster ways to trace attacks coming through
> computer networks, so that we can quickly identify the hacker or
> criminal who is responsible."

Remo also gave an ultimatum to InterNet FreehDumb Fighters, while
banging her shoe on the table, "Fuck with us, and we will *bury*
you!"
Talk quickly turned to discusion of how to best stop the leaks
coming from a wide variety of government agencies which spilled
the beans to the citizens about the kinds of nefarious activities
that their government is *really* engaged in.
"If these scum are allowed to circumvent the cloud of secrecy that
we have thrown over our actions, then National Political Criminal
Security will be endangered." Remo stated.
Those gathered lifted the glasses of free liquor provided by Capital
Hill lobbyists, hollering, "I'll drink to that."

Where'sMine?Monger

Thread