1998-04-24 - SHIFT REGISTER technology

Header Data

From: bill payne <billp@nmol.com>
To: inter@technologist.com
Message Hash: 09df09679701455bebf2206cebf949885a4e1b5c9786001136a944e9c502167c
Message ID: <35409B14.3D9B@nmol.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 07:07:47 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: bill payne <billp@nmol.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 07:07:47 -0700 (PDT)
To: inter@technologist.com
Subject: SHIFT REGISTER technology

Friday 4/24/98 7:33 AM

John Young
J Orlin Grabbe
John Gilmore

The stuff on linear and non-linear shift register sequences which is now
appearing on jya.com is the 'military-grade' crypto technology.

Semionoff and http://www.jya.com/crack-a5.htm contains material similar
what I saw Brian Snow present in schematics of NSA KG units.

The statement by david.loos@eudoramail.com

  The A5 algorithm uses a three level, non-linear feedback shift
  register arrangement, designed to be sufficiently complex to resist
  attack.

points to the technology used for military-grade crypto.

The reason NSA regarded the R register, seen at
http://jya.com/whpfiles.htm,
feedback function classified was that it contained a non-linear feedback
function.

I was ORDERED to build UNCLASSIFIED hardware.  This is why I stuck the R
register
feedback function in a fast ram.

This similarity between the structure of the nonlinear feedback function
in the
CAVE algorithm seen at

  http://www.semionoff.com/cellular/hacking/phreaking/

to the feedback function published in my SAND report

: A11   A1 A5 AND
        A1 0= A9 0= AND XOR
        A6 A10 XOR XOR ;

reveals  "military-strength" technology.

SHIFT REGISTERS.

Words 'shift registers' also caused the Great American Spy Sting bust.

        http://caq.com/CAQ/caq63/caq63madsen.html

The Cold War is over.  And the crypto cat is now about fully out of the
bag.

Let's hope for settlement so that we can all go on to more constructive
tasks.

Later
bill

Thread