1998-04-04 - HIRF/EMI Source

Header Data

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2aba6b9056391aa7957b7331966a4128418ad635e452ee5893e27623ba22f435
Message ID: <199804041725.MAA05651@camel7.mindspring.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 09:25:18 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 09:25:18 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: HIRF/EMI Source

The USAF's 22-volume 1996 investigation of the Ron Brown
plane crash supposedly offers in Volume 2 one of the best
unclassified recent accounts of High Intensity Radio Frequency
(HIRF) and electromagnetic interference (EMI).

We've been told that the report's available only in hardcopy
from the Air Force -- a few copies were publically released
in June 1996 at a Pentagon press conference. We'd like to
get a copy of Volume 2 to scan the HIRF and EMI parts but
cannot locate the proper office for a request -- www.af.mil
does not appear to offer the report.

We'd appreciate hearing from anyone who might have
access to Volume 2 and would be willing to loan or know
how we can get it.

-----

State's Jamie Rubin yesterday confirmed Russia's SIGINT
operation at Lourdes, Cuba but declined comment on the US
counterpart. Dave Emery wrote about this awhile back:

   http://jya.com/rusigint.htm

Someday we might learn what the US military knows about
EMI attacks on critical infrastructure, planes, ships, trains and
limos -- theirs and ours.

Thread