1998-04-02 - Re: regulating the internet

Header Data

From: “Michael H. Warfield” <mhw@wittsend.com>
To: ptrei@securitydynamics.com
Message Hash: 3e3092a3624a3f652b31d5615d2dab156b093e0707af9770038dd1240a07bcc6
Message ID: <199804022133.QAA29899@alcove.wittsend.com>
Reply To: <6B5344C210C7D011835C0000F80127660100366A@exna01.securitydynamics.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-04-02 21:35:30 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 13:35:30 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Michael H. Warfield" <mhw@wittsend.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 13:35:30 -0800 (PST)
To: ptrei@securitydynamics.com
Subject: Re: regulating the internet

Trei, Peter enscribed thusly:
> Your question is too vague to get any kind of simple answer.

	I thought her question was pretty specific and the simple answer
is yes.  She asked if anyone had any opinions.  I might have responded that
asking an opinionated bunch like cypherpunks if any of them have opinions
must have been a retorical question.

	I think we all have opinions on regulating the internet.  I
don't think the simple answer is what she WANTED though...  :-)

	Answering the question she ASKED is REAL SIMPLE.  Just like the
joke about Microsoft support...  The answer is 100% correct and completely
useless.  :-)

--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  mhw@WittsEnd.com
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 925-8248   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/