1998-06-01 - Re: When write high-speed implementation,

Header Data

From: Sunder <sunder@brainlink.com>
To: Nobuki Nakatuji <bd1011@hotmail.com>
Message Hash: 1f231c7c167218f293139218b61a6dd3d3922eb3ae2c8c5f977fbd544227a8c2
Message ID: <3572D417.5145276A@brainlink.com>
Reply To: <19980530042752.25126.qmail@hotmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-06-01 16:21:55 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 09:21:55 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Sunder <sunder@brainlink.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 09:21:55 -0700 (PDT)
To: Nobuki Nakatuji <bd1011@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: When write high-speed implementation,

It's actually expressed as a set of complex numbers with lots of data in the
imaginary side.  These are displayed with fixed point decimals (or static
point decimals) expressing a width and height for the rectangle hence the term
S-Box.  Since DES works on 64 bit blocks using a 56 bit key, you can use either
56 decimal places, or 64 for more accuracy, but far less speed.

For purposes of optimization to extreme high speed, you should take your key
and sort it (be sure to use Quick Sort here, and not bubble sort!), that is put
all the 1 bits to the right, all the 0 bits to the left, and the naughty bits
in your head.  Then take the result and express it as 2^X-1, and extract X.
Once you have X, repeat the process until X=2.

With me so far?  Good, now you have to extract the naughty bits from your mind,
and let N express them.  Your S boxes are now comprised of X+Ni which you can
simply express as 2+Ni.  Now, if you recall, Ni is the symbol for nickel, which
is what this algorithm is worth $2.05 payable in Monopoly dollars.  If you've
been following the news, you'll know that Microsoft is a monopoly and therefore
weighs the same as a duck.  Since ducks float, and wood also floats, ducks must
weigh the same as wood, and therefore are witches.  Multiply this by the flight
speed of an unladen African swallow, and divide it by the flight speed of a
laden european swallow, then add your favorite color, and substract your name.

Okay, so that's the high-speed write implementation, don't forget that the high
speed read implementation is the opposite of the write, so reverse the sort and
this time, make sure you use random sort. (That is toss the bits up randomly,
and if they wind up in the order you wanted, you're done, otherwise keep
tossing.)  And don't forget that tossed bits require Ranch dressing or Italian,
with onion crutons, but never Russian (because the USSR never used DES.)

Now that we've told you the secret of high speed DES, your assignment is to
come back in a week with source code to the above written in SNOBOL which can
run on CP/M 6502 machines.  Of course you'll need to roll your own CP/M 6502 OS
as well as a SNOBOL compiler and assembler, but heck, that's easy.  Oh, one
catch, make sure your CP/M runs on all C64 and Apple II's, or you can't
properly consider it a portable DES implementation.

Good luck.

[ Snicker, snicker, ROTFLMAO!  I wonder how long it will take him to figgure
out that he's being trolled... heh... ]

--

.+.^.+.|  Ray Arachelian    |Prying open my 3rd eye.  So good to see |./|\.

Thread