1998-06-24 - Re: Banning privacy: A radical proposal

Header Data

From: Xcott Craver <caj@math.niu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 54d29ec062264244a4ced54a01fbdafbe3bf11acac77237aeac660ed52a6dfa8
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.980624124555.14893B-100000@baker>
Reply To: <19980624011241.15925.qmail@hades.rpini.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-06-24 17:53:51 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 10:53:51 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Xcott Craver <caj@math.niu.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 10:53:51 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Banning privacy: A radical proposal

On 24 Jun 1998, Anonymous wrote:

> This came from Yahoo/ZDNet. Mr. Pappas suggests that we just ban anonymity
> and privacy to "protect the children." Now where have I heard that before?
> And yet again, the "Ethical Hackers Against Pedophilia" raise their heads,
> no pun intended.

	Thanks for the info.  Maybe some merry band of pranksters
	would be willing to sneak into this guy's house and install
	an obvious-looking mock camera over his shower head?  I mean,
	just in case he's a child molester and all.

	Maybe once we're done legislating the internet, we can
	legislate the topolology of Euclidean space, so that every
	point is within earshot of a mike and eyeshot of a camera.
	After all, those evil child molesting evil bad evil people
	might take to doing evil stuff in their basement, or the
	nearby woods!

==-  Xcott Craver -- Caj@niu.edu -- http://www.math.niu.edu/~caj/  -==
"Also note that elecronagnetic theory proves that if you microwave a
 bar of Ivory soap it turns into a REAL MARSHMALLOW THAT YOU CAN EAT."
                                                   -James "Kibo" Parry

Thread