1998-06-06 - Re: IP: Uncle Sam is Hooked on Forfeiture (fwd)

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <bill.stewart@pobox.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 71c593ccaca7220409ce1a3a8dbf2b75a6a4d1d2123f8083728ce819ca9efe00
Message ID: <3.0.5.32.19980605092233.008e0100@popd.ix.netcom.com>
Reply To: <19980605092007.3442.qmail@hades.rpini.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-06-06 02:12:02 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 19:12:02 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <bill.stewart@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 19:12:02 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: IP: Uncle Sam is Hooked on Forfeiture (fwd)

Somebody, probably Vlad, forwarded this via Swiss Remailer.
I normally try not to reply to Ignition-Points forwards here,
but this one's relevant.  "Access devices" often includes things like
computer passwords as well as smartcards for building entry.
So "Crack a password, lose your computer" would apply
as well as "Crack 15+ passwords, get busted".

I don't know if that was Senator Sleazy's intent with the bill,
but it's an obvious application if not.  Did the bill pass?

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, bill.stewart@pobox.com