1998-07-26 - Re: [FP] NHTSA - Digital Image Photo Licenses

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alan@clueserver.org>
To: “Robert A. Costner” <pooh@efga.org>
Message Hash: 3b61950aa2dfbb3b49502064921e323a488d9300d490f5efd3bfa2661ace2e8f
Message ID: <3.0.5.32.19980726102743.04234220@clueserver.org>
Reply To: <3.0.3.32.19980726120135.03892610@rboc.net>
UTC Datetime: 1998-07-26 17:33:59 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 01:33:59 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alan@clueserver.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 01:33:59 +0800
To: "Robert A. Costner" <pooh@efga.org>
Subject: Re: [FP] NHTSA - Digital Image Photo Licenses

At 12:01 PM 7/26/98 -0400, Robert A. Costner wrote:

>The following is taken from today's SCAN newsletter.

>SCAN THIS NEWS
>7/26/98
>
>Following is a brief excerpt from the -
>
>"U.S. Department of Transportation"
>"National Highway Traffic Safety Administration"
>
>"The Highway Safety Desk Book"
>
>regarding digitized driver's license photos.

[snip]

>The implications for law enforcement go far beyond these obvious benefits.
>With a central image database of every driver in a state, the public safety
>community has a ready-made storehouse of photos to be used in criminal
>investigations.....

Oregon already has this.  (We seem to be an official beta test site for
every draconian measure or propaganda campaign they want to implement on a
national scale.)

The digital licensing program hear was VERY expensive and full of cost
over-runs.  If your state legislature tells you it can be done inexpensivly
or is a "cost cutting measure" they are lying their asses off.
---
|              "That'll make it hot for them!" - Guy Grand               |
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmermann unites all| Disclaimer:         |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!"  | Ignore the man      |
|`finger -l alano@teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key  | behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com/~alan/       |alan@ctrl-alt-del.com|

Thread