1998-07-01 - Security Newsletter from Bruce Schneier

Header Data

From: Bruce Schneier <schneier@counterpane.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4c4f0fd36ea530a3de8fa3b604558c0d8fe483252aff384bfb6112cd6c81a83e
Message ID: <199807012249.RAA08149@mixer.visi.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 15:49:58 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Bruce Schneier <schneier@counterpane.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 15:49:58 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Security Newsletter from Bruce Schneier

I've just started a crypto newsletter: CRYPTO-GRAM is a free monthly
email  newsletter on cryptography from Bruce Schneier (author of
Applied Cryptography, inventor of Blowfish, general crypto pundit
and occasional crypto curmudgeon).

You can subscribe to CRYPTO-GRAM:

	on the WWW, at http://www.counterpane.com/crypto-gram.html

	by sending e-mail to crypto-gram-subscribe@chaparraltree.com

In the May issue:

	The Secret Story of Non-Secret Encryption.  The story
	behind the British claim that they invented public-key
	cryptography first.

	Advanced Encryption Standard.  How the government
	is replacing DES.

In the June issue:

	Side Channel Attacks.  What's the big idea behind the
	recent press announcements about breaking smart
	cards by analyzing the power line?

	Risks of Key Recovery, Key Escrow, etc.  Why
	implementing a FBI-style key recovery scheme will
	do more to hurt national security than simply letting
	people communicate.

Other regular features include:

	News.  Links to the interesting crypto stories.

	War Stories.  There are security lessons to learn
	from all over, not just from computer geeks.

	Resources.  Summaries of the good Web resources
	on privacy, security, and encryption.

We understand and respect your right to privacy.  You are
receiving this email only because you have demonstrated an
interest in the areas of privacy, security and encryption.
You should also know that we would not sell, rent or share
our mailing list should you decide to subscribe. Our goal
is to maintain and develop a relationship of integrity and
trust with our subscribers.  The members of this list are
not for sale.  Period.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.
Otherwise, I hope you'll take a moment to subscribe to
CRYPTO-GRAM at:

      http://www.counterpane.com/crypto-gram.html
      or mailto:crypto-gram-subscribe@chaparraltree.com

Regards,

Bruce
Bruce Schneier, President, Counterpane Systems     Phone: 612-823-1098
101 E Minnehaha Parkway, Minneapolis, MN  55419      Fax: 612-823-1590
                                            http://www.counterpane.com

Thread