1998-07-31 - Re: Comments on this Pentagon opinion…not a new debate

Header Data

From: Richard Storey <cognitus@earthlink.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 61909012cba4ae4c85674cc57dcdfa066214b08ff73c469274e0e62c2519abd5
Message ID: <35C23AA4.4E9C460B@earthlink.net>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.96.980731142322.532B-100000@mothra.fastrans.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-07-31 21:41:01 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 14:41:01 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Richard Storey <cognitus@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 14:41:01 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Comments on this Pentagon opinion...not a new debate

Jim Burnes wrote:

> Just remember that, in any conceivable interpretation of the
> constitution, the federal government has *already* vastly overstepped
> their allocated powers.  Why are you so suprised that they would try
> to eliminate the few remaining liberties the sheeple have?

Irony.

> These ten are more than enough.  Jeffeson himself said, paraphrased,
> that when the state starts violating these basic liberties, then
> its time to call out the militia, start putting up tents and making
> war plans.

I take a view of liberty as I believe it exists under natural law.  Some
people view the constitution and bill of rights as the alpha and omega
of liberty on earth.  I am not one of them.

> If Jefferson were alive today he would be arrested for conspiracy
> if he simply thought out loud.

Most likey you're right.  In fact, most of the "founders" would be as
well, especially Patrick Henry! ;-)

Richard Storey

Thread