1998-07-09 - Re: FC: Forget Internet restrictions – how about banning TV?

Header Data

From: attila <attila@hun.org>
To: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Message Hash: 66ddef4fa9dbc8f4ae4c06ba334a7f16d40e1af51ca66be41c15c2c4bc71f64e
Message ID: <Pine.BSF.3.96.980709213822.4532E-100000@hun.org>
Reply To: <199807092027.NAA02656@slack.lne.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-07-09 21:47:28 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 14:47:28 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: attila <attila@hun.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 14:47:28 -0700 (PDT)
To: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Subject: Re: FC: Forget Internet restrictions -- how about banning TV?

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Eric Murray wrote:
> [snip]
>
>Then they came for the newspaper, and that really pissed me off, so
>I wanted to protest.  I wanted my protest to get a lot of exposure, so
>I went to call the TV and radio stations but they don't exist any more.

    point duly noted.  however, TV as a degenerative (self eating
    watermelon) force is an option --which I took by refusing it
    the privilege of its one eyed stare. never owned one as the
    fraction of worthwhile programming is overwhelmed by mind-fuck.

>>     policy goals of Hillay's Global Village where everybody is just
>>     another butterscotch pudding to her recipe.
>
>I'd rather be dealing with Hillary than the Talliban.

    by all means. Hillary is an unprincipled, amoral automan who
    expects her comforts.

    the Talliban/Taleban/or_however_whichever_network_spells_it is
    religious fanaticism; no worse than the Catholic Inquisition I
    would expect, but that's not saying much.

    Hillary can be beaten back into her cage...  Taleban fanaticism
    ends only with their death(s).

    There is no safety this side of the grave.  Never was; never will be.

Thread