1998-07-27 - FDR.doc and FDR2.doc

Header Data

From: Linda Reed–PCC West Campus CSC <lreed@west.cscwc.pima.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d632d35ebeac2a69d3fca93e8d39caceeddb5009e9e508e55bdd4efb8bd55789
Message ID: <009C9C78.E5ED3900.9@west.cscwc.pima.edu>
Raw Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 23:50:54 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Linda Reed--PCC West Campus CSC <lreed@west.cscwc.pima.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 23:50:54 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: FDR.doc and FDR2.doc

It seems that the forementioned files never made it to the list
(at least as echoed by infinity.nus.sg), as a result of being
filtered out somewhere along the way due to their excessive size.

Realizing that this was likely the result of filtering for the
benefit of list members, so that they would not be stuck with
wasting their resources downloading large amounts of tripe by]
spamming assholes, I consulted John Gilmore as to what action
to take on this matter.
John informed me that one thing he learned from Dimitri was that,
"The Spammer interprets filtering as common-sense, and routes
around it."

Accordingly, I have broken the files down into FDR1.txt --> FDR8.txt,
so that the lack of AOL'ers competent enough to seriously piss off
list members would not lead to VeteranAryan CypherPunks forgetting
about the GoodOldDays (TM), when we had Sandy Sandfort to kick around
for attempting to put a stop to this kind of bullshit.

Sincerely,
<billg@microsoft.com>
"Flame me, I dare you!"

Thread