1998-09-16 - Announcement: Mac-Crypto Conference Oct 6-9, 1998

Header Data

From: vinnie@vmeng.com
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Message Hash: 166d0cb50a54f5ded3749c481ebe4dcfc356639c257de05cf2117ce9cbb5bcfc
Message ID: <199809162247.PAA49860@scv1.apple.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:00:10 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: vinnie@vmeng.com
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:00:10 -0700 (PDT)
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: Announcement: Mac-Crypto Conference Oct 6-9, 1998

         The Membership of the Mac-Crypto List invites you to

                      The Third Annual
                          Macintosh
                Cryptography and Internet Commerce
                 Software Development Workshop

                      October 6 - 9th, 1998
                      Town Hall Auditorium
                        Apple R&D Campus
                4 Infinite Loop, Cupertino, CA, USA

            Keeping with tradition, this is still free workshop,
            but we'd *really* like it if you register (see below).

We are once again hosting our annual workshop,  where you are sure to
find the latest and greatest information about whats going on in the
Macintosh cryptography world.

A lot has happened in the past year in the world of the Internet
and Cryptography, so this year, thanks to popular demand we have
allocated more time and a larger hall for developers to talk about
what they are working on.

PRELIMINARY WORKSHOP TOPICS: (more to come)

  Introductions and Overviews:

    Intro to Crypto Systems

    Export Controls & Crypto software

    Crypto Opportunities for the Mac

   Tech Stuff:

     AppleShare Authentication Architecture

     PGPticket - A Secure Authorization Protocol

     The AltaVec PowerPC Architecture

     Apple Security Architecture Overview.

     Apple Keychain / Subwoofer update

     OpenPGP & the IETF standards process

     Overview of Crypto API's and Toolkits

  Applications of Cryptography

     RC5 cracking effort & the Mac

     PGPUAM - Appleshare Public Key Authentication

     Graphically displaying the Web of Trust

     Anonymous Communications and the Macintosh

  Open Sessions:

    As requested we scheduled lots of time for developer demos and
open
    discussions plus the much asked for and a PGP Keysigning party ...
    and plenty of time for developers to network with each other and
    Apple.

We have also left time open for a few last-minute speakers. If you
would like to present a paper or give a talk, please contact
Vinnie Moscaritolo at vinnie@apple.com

To find out more about previous Mac-Crypto workshops check out
our webpage at  http://www.vmeng.com/mc/

REGISTRATION:

 To register, complete the following form, and email it to
 mac-crypto-conference@vmeng.com with the subject line REGISTRATION

 Registration is limited to 300 attendees, so be sure to register
 early.

* Name:

* Email Address:

Title:

Affliation:

Address:

Telephone:

Comments:

Local Hotels:

Cupertino Inn, 800-222-4828
        Pretty much Across the Street.

Cupertino Courtyard by Marriot, 800-321-2211
        5 Minute Drive

Inn at Saratoga
        408-867-5020
        About 3 Miles

See you in Cupertino on October 6 - 9th!

Vinnie Moscaritolo
Apple World Wide Developer Support
 DSS/DH:   3F903472C3AF622D5D918D9BD8B100090B3EF042

Thread