1998-09-15 - Re: Larry Gilbert, AOLers, and the Hyper-real flamer

Header Data

From: Sunder <sunder@brainlink.com>
To: AIMSX@aol.com
Message Hash: 55c4e07001f1235ea5aa6f5e95a8e5a5fbe0061fd8b97deed4a497fc3b1603ab
Message ID: <35FE67CA.F1CCCB14@brainlink.com>
Reply To: <33ec7cbb.35fe5849@aol.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-15 00:24:10 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:24:10 +0800

Raw message

From: Sunder <sunder@brainlink.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:24:10 +0800
To: AIMSX@aol.com
Subject: Re: Larry Gilbert, AOLers, and the Hyper-real flamer

AIMSX@aol.com wrote:

> Obviously you have a very high opinion of yourself and a low opinion of people
> who use AOL.  Contrary to popular belief, there are a few intelligent people
> on AOL, but it looks as if you are too egotistical to realize that.
>
> Have you ever thought to look at your own mistakes before you publicize
> everyone else's to the world?  Are you just suffering from some sort of
> dillusion of grandeur - thinking you are better than everyone else.  Things
> like this are what many wars were started over, I am so happy the internet
> (hopefully) won't start a war in the real world.

Right.  Considering the scum that have drifted on here from AOL, I'd say
there's a distinct pattern.  As an EX-AOL user I can attest to the fact that
AOL is prime grade USRDA shit.  At the time I got nothing but busy signals and
crashes, when I logged back in, I was told I was already logged on and had to
call the customer unsupport people to get credit for my hours used by a ghost
connection.  Further, in the last few weeks I had my account, I received
hundreds of spams, the "You've Got Mail" soundbite caused me to twitch every
time I heard it.

Paying $20/month for shit service with a shit browser and shit connectivity
isn't my idea of a good ISP.  A few weeks after, I found a local ISP that gave
me a shell account for $10/month and I got no busy signals and no bullshit
software and no craploads of downloads of images ("artwork") or fifty ads
popping in my face upon connecting.

So yeah, maybe there are "smart" people on AOL, but they're clueless when it
comes to ISP since they're using the worst of the worst.

I don't speak for that "nobody" but I will speak for myself and will speak from
PERSONAL experience.  Aol is shit.  Anyone who is stupid enough to put up with
shit service is either masochistic or isn't aware they're getting shit service,
no matter how intelligent they may otherwise be.  besides, from the cluless
fuckwads that have indeed drifted here, I'd sooner hug the hotmail users, even
the single celled one who spews about Misty than see an AOL luser's email
address in a post!

If you're so smart, find a local ISP who will give you better service and costs
less.  Shit, if you insist on paying $20/month and $5 hour, tell you what,
switch to a cheaper ISP and send me the extra $5/hour you are now wasting, I
sure could use the money!

Just my $0.02 worth of flames.

--

.+.^.+.|       Sunder       |Prying open my 3rd eye.  So good to see |./|\.

Thread