1998-09-29 - Re: Remailers, PGP, and a Project Suggestion

Header Data

From: Petro <petro@playboy.com>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 571134f919e1dcb7d4dc52e045f6c1772aaf8b01ec36221857ee3e5bf27730fa
Message ID: <v0401170cb236c82dbd70@[206.189.103.244]>
Reply To: <19980929051529.13737.qmail@hades.rpini.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-29 04:36:01 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 12:36:01 +0800

Raw message

From: Petro <petro@playboy.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 12:36:01 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: Remailers, PGP, and a Project Suggestion

At 12:15 AM -0500 9/29/98, Anonymous wrote:
>>        So, what you are saying is that you want crypto to protect yourself
>>from government intrusion, but are unwilling to actually WRITE the code for
>>fear that the government will lock you up.
>
>That's about right. I will write the code for myself. I will not release it
>since I'm in the U.S. and it gives the thugs one more reason to come after
>me. That job is better suited for somebody who is outside the U.S. or is
>actually willing to sit through a long grand jury investigation, possible
>indictment, trial, conviction, jail time, and life as a convicted felon.

	Cleanse it of your identity (or start a pseudonym if you need the
ego boost), and get it to hacktic. PD/BSDL/GPL the code, and go.

	Use the tools to "free" yourself.

	If the law is bad, ignore it whenever possible. This is a very
ignorable law.
--
petro@playboy.com----for work related issues. I don't speak for Playboy.
petro@bounty.org-----for everthing else.      They wouldn't like that.