1998-09-09 - Re: Carl Johnson’s private key

Header Data

From: Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk>
To: jimg@mentat.com
Message Hash: 67fc4a64722548e639169e8a3f9730700cfd5678260caa8a9b57eabeeb1a6797
Message ID: <199809092125.WAA05951@server.eternity.org>
Reply To: <199809092006.NAA10324@zendia.mentat.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-09 08:35:45 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 16:35:45 +0800

Raw message

From: Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 16:35:45 +0800
To: jimg@mentat.com
Subject: Re: Carl Johnson's private key

Jim Gillogly writes:

> I stopped paying attention to most of Truthmonger's spew, but did
> collect one private key it posted, under the name "Earmonger", since
> I was doing PGP experiments at the time.  I think this one doesn't
> have an associated passphrase, which would make forging with it
> quite simple.

That was just a public key, though right?  Was a corresponding private
key posted?

> I sort of think more of its private keys were posted, but I didn't
> keep any others.  This does, however, establish a pattern of
> behavior suggesting it didn't keep private keys strictly private.

Well let's see how many Toto keys we can find which were posted to
cpunks.

Adam

Thread