1998-09-05 - Re: setting up a remailer service

Header Data

From: mgraffam@mhv.net
To: Laurent Demailly <Laurent.Demailly@Sun.COM>
Message Hash: 81dd01fb3deec3360e4403757761ba482d2a58dc7ae90fb75ca865f4c7827dc8
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.96.980904214154.28228A-100000@albert>
Reply To: <13808.27579.860140.831829@pomerol>
UTC Datetime: 1998-09-05 01:56:23 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 18:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: mgraffam@mhv.net
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 18:56:23 -0700 (PDT)
To: Laurent Demailly <Laurent.Demailly@Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: setting up a remailer service

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Laurent Demailly wrote:
> martin..@iname.com writes:
>  > I'd like to set up a free remailer service for the internet community.
>  > I have a static IP,
>  > good disk space
>    ***************
>  > and my machine is located in Norway.
> [...]
>
> Not to be over suspicious but why would you need
> a lot of disk space for a remailer ? do you plan
> on logging and recording all the messages ;-) ?

He mentioned in the original message that he wanted to run a service like
anon.penet.fi ..

penet set up an anonymous box, that is .. you can remail a letter through
penet and it would assign a unique anonymous addy for you, and then
replies and email to that anonymous addy would get forwarded to you.

This would require disk space.

Michael J. Graffam (mgraffam@mhv.net)
http://www.mhv.net/~mgraffam -- Philosophy, Religion, Computers, Crypto, etc
"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity.
Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the
guidance of another. . .Sapere aude! Have the courage to use your own
understanding!" - Immanuel Kant "What is Enlightenment?"

Thread